CALL US: 717-375-4834
Parents of children with autism face a host of challenges every day, particularly when it comes to dealing with problem behaviors. At Laurel Life, we understand how difficult it can be to reduce these behaviors and we’re here to help.
Widely recognized as a safe and effective treatment, the use of Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) techniques to help people with autism live happy and productive lives has expanded rapidly in recent years. Today, the ABA approach is endorsed by a number of state and federal agencies, including the U.S. Surgeon General.
Our highly skilled clinicians offer children with autism and their families a scientifically validated, evidence-based approach to overcoming behavioral challenges and increasing positive social interactions.
Ideal for children struggling with sensory issues, communication problems, social skills, temper tantrums or changes in routine, ABA is a proven strategy for understanding behavior and how it is affected by the environment.
PERSONALIZED, FLEXIBLE APPROACH
Every aspect of Laurel Life’s ABA interventions are personalized to reflect the unique psychological, educational and developmental needs of the child. Our board certified behavior analysts combine intensive teaching and behavior modification techniques to help individuals undergoing treatment to:
• Increase skills in language, play and socialization
• Decrease challenging behaviors that interfere with
learning and daily life
• Reduce or eliminate ritualistic or self-injurious behaviors
• Increase attention span
• Improve adaptive skills
• Increase independence
HOW IT WORKS
Following an initial assessment, our behavior analysts develop a customized treatment protocol that includes up to 20 hours per week of intensive teaching in the areas of social, communication, motor, cognitive and self-regulation skills as well as parent training. These services may take place in the home, at school or in community settings.
In some cases, intensive teaching may also be supplemented by tutor services at school and at home.
PROMOTING MEANINGFUL BEHAVIOR CHANGE
ABA intervention can help children with autism make meaningful, lasting changes in many areas. In fact, nearly all children with autism benefit from intensive ABA programs.
READY TO LEARN MORE?
Do you think ABA would be a good fit for your family? If so:
1. Have your child seen by a developmental specialist, psychologist, pediatric specialist who will provide you with an ABA prescription/recommendation or psychological evaluation. You may also schedule a psychological evaluation at Laurel Life by calling 717-375-1516.
2. Contact your primary insurance provider to find out what coverage you may have for ABA services.
3. Once you have the ABA prescription/recommendation or psychological evaluation contact Laurel Life at 717-375-1516 or email Lindsey Ensminger at LEnsminger@laurellife.com to schedule and initial appointment.
THIS SERVICE IS AVAILABLE AT THE FOLLOWING LOCATION(S):
7564 BROWNS MILL ROAD
CHAMBERSBURG, PA 17202
1710 Ritner Highway
Carlisle, PA 17013
217 S. Carlisle Stret
P.O. Box 718
New Bloomfield, PA 17068
"THE BEST THING I HAVE RECEIVED FROM LAUREL LIFE SERVICES IS THE ABILITY TO COMMUNICATE WITH MY SONS"